7th International Cross Domain Conference for
Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction (CD-MAKE 2023)
CD-MAKE 2023 Call for Papers (.txt)
CD-MAKE is a joint effort of IFIP TC 5, TC 12, IFIP WG 8.4, WG 8.9 and WG 12.9 and is held in conjunction with the 18th International Conference on Availability, Reliability & Security, ARES 2023
Machine learning and Knowledge Extraction (MAKE) is the workhorse of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Successful human-centered AI needs a concerted effort without boundaries, supporting collaborative and integrative cross-disciplinary research between experts cross-domain.
The goal of the CD-MAKE conference is to act as a catalysator, to bring together academia and industry in a cross-disciplinary manner, to stimulate fresh ideas and to support human-centered AI:
1) DATA – data fusion, preprocessing, mapping, knowledge representation, environments, etc.
2) LEARNING – algorithms, contextual adaptation, causal reasoning, transfer learning, etc.
3) VISUALIZATION – intelligent interfaces, human-AI interaction, dialogue systems, explanation interfaces, etc.
4) PRIVACY – data protection, safety, security, reliability, verifiability, trust, ethics and social issues, etc.
5) NETWORK – graphical models, graph-based machine learning, Bayesian inference, etc.
6) TOPOLOGY – geometrical machine learning, topological and manifold learning, etc.
7) ENTROPY – time and machine learning, entropy-based learning, etc.
8) Digital Transformation for smart farm and forest operations
9) Perspectivist Learning
10) Uncertainty Management and Quantification in ML
Paper Submission Deadline: March 27, 2023 (AoE)
Author Notification: June 01, 2023
Camera Ready (hard deadline!): June 22, 2023 (AoE)
Conference: August 29 – September 1, 2023
Submission Link: Submission is now available here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cdmake2023
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three experts from the conference committee.
We will not require a definite page number, but full papers shall be between 10 and maximal 24 pages (incl. references), and, in any case, please produce even pages to ensure smooth page breaks, e.g. 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 pages!
References need to start with a new page!
Accepted Papers will be published by Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Detailed guidelines can be found here:https://cd-make.net/submission/
“NEW” Abstract Submission: if you submit your 200-300 word abstract until March 13, 2023 you will receive feedback from the PC chairs in case your paper is not within the scope of the conference
Note: Submission of a paper implies that – should the paper be accepted – at least one of the authors will register and present the paper at the conference.
*New* single blind review: CD-MAKE does not require anonymized submissions. Each paper will be reviewed by at least three experts from the conference committee and additional reviewers (e.g. special sessions).
Accepted Papers will be published with Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
PC Chairs 2023
Federico CABITZA, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
Andrea CAMPAGNER, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
The conference committee can be found here: https://cd-make.net/committees/